Aberdeen tagged me for this so long ago I don’t even want to think about it. It looked like a fun tag, but I just, you know, forgot about it. But here we are, and this seems like a good time to do it!
Here are the official rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you (thanks again, Aberdeen!)
- Post a new quote everyday for 3 consecutive days.
- Nominate 3 new bloggers every day.
But Victoria was very smart and basically ignored the rules and made her own. So I’m following her rules, because I like them better. =D
- You don’t have to post every day (hopefully I can do this every Thursday? we’ll see)
- You get to post three quotes at a time! (which is good, because I would never be able to pick just three quotes. no matter how much trouble I had actually digging good ones out of the depths of memory for this post)
I’m also copying her idea of doing it in themes, because that seems proper to my logical little brain. So this week’s theme, per the title of the post, is music.
Sara has so many quotable lines, but this one struck me the hardest. It’s just so… perfect. And beautiful.
I feel like I talk about this band too much? But honestly, they’re one my all-time favorite bands and their music is filled with so much truth. I love this quote because of how perfectly it captures the truth of our death and new life in Christ. How our old self – the self that loved sin and wasn’t even capable of loving God – died with Jesus, and now we’ve been raised up with Him to have a new life of loving and knowing God.
I think the very first time I heard this song I just gasped at the beauty of the words and the music. AP’s stuff is always good, but this is one of my favorites.
I almost forgot I have to tag people! I tag Katya, Elle, and Maria (don’t feel obligated to do this if you don’t want to, of course! And if you’ve already been tagged… consider yourself given a friendly shove to look at all the tags you’ve forgotten about? =P)
Also in other news, I applied for several more jobs today and we saw five alligators on Monday. I think that’s about it.
Which of these do you like best? What are some of your favorite quotes? What have you been up to lately?